Where do I discuss these Ideas??

Pieter Colpaert freepage at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 17:45:54 CEST 2009

Hi!

I like your ideas too and I'd like to share my possible future project
too ;):

BASH-LIKE PHONE
----------------

An openmoko distribution which uses FSO. The interface is just a shell
with on top of it a transparent keyboard (something like the
fatfingershell).
You can dail like this:
	pieterc at myphone$ dail +3248...... <RET>
or a contact:
	pieterc at myphone$ dail hom<tab> <RET> # = pieterc phone home

dail should be a python/bash/... script using the FSO api.
other easy to use commands I can think of:
* addcontact contact #number# -group "friends"
* whereami (returns gsm locations and searches for cityname close to
that)
* sendtext "come home for dinner" son1 # sends sms to son1 (again with
autocompletion)
* wakemeup 7:30
* tail /var/mail #to read last text-messages

bash-commands or commands you're used to:
ls,cd,grep,awk,tail, ps, date, ...

and some ported apps:
* nethack (yes, the game)
* links/lynx,
* emacs (with erc)
* fortune (I like fortune a lot.)
* ...

I think it's extremely easy and fun to develop this idea. It would make
a perfect unix-lover-phone. We could hack on gnu bash to accomplish the
auto completion for contacts and other stuff.

Pieter