Tips when GSM doesn't work

Alex (Maxious) Sadleir maxious at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 04:19:41 CEST 2009

2009/10/13 Cristian Gómez <cristianpark at gmail.com>:
> I'm using my FR (with SHR - last) as main phone. I experienced sometimes
> that when I start SHR, GSM functions doesn't start
> I don't know how can I check any log or how can I start manually GSM
> services, I type /etc/init.d/frameworkd restart, but I don't know if it's
> supossed to solve this issue. Can you give me some advices to take in count
> when I have this problem?
I've had this when the sim card isn't fully pushed into the slot
(contacts between phone and card aren't quite aligned) but you can
still lock it (or it feels like you lock it). I think mickeyterm
returns CME ERROR 3 on many SIM requests when this happens but it
might just do that anytime the GSM module is confused.

> so I power down by removing the battery (I know, the ugly way) and wait a
> few seconds to put it back again. When I power on the FR again, when SHR
> starts, I don't have GSM services
Happens when you do ugly things like that ;) You can also get further
trouble because the FR is designed such that a correctly aligned SIM
card pushes down the SD card.