new Android Cupcake release for Freerunner

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Tue Oct 13 17:48:34 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 10:54 AM, Steven ** <montgoss at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Jim Ancona <jim at anconafamily.com> wrote:
>> And in fact, almost
>> all of the (non-Google) apps I've tried seem to run on my Freerunner.
>>
>> Jim
>
> Although not necessarily well.
> I tried some puzzle game I downloaded from AndAppStore.  It ran horribly slow.
> I didn't think the Freerunner was much slower than the G1.  Anyone
> else have trouble like this?

Performance is definitely an issue, and Michael Trimarchi has very
recently committed some changes that seem to have improved the it
significantly. Please feel free to log issues like this on the tracker
at http://code.google.com/p/android-on-freerunner/issues/list,
especially if you have a reproducible case. For "Anyone else..."-type
questions, you may have better luck getting feedback from other users
on the mailing list at
http://groups.google.com/group/android-on-freerunner

Jim