QtMoko - QtBackup

ghislain ghislain at basetrend.nl
Wed Oct 14 01:51:02 CEST 2009

Hi,

I just released a new small backup-application (which is not in the QtMoko
feeds yet). This little application creates a qtbackup.tgz on the sdcard.
The application itself can only create backups, not restore. I've added the
restore function to the QtMoko installer-kernel, this kernel checks, after
flashing the rootfs, if the qtbackup.tgz file is available and if it is it
extracts this file in the root of the freshly flashed rootfs. As you can
guess, the main purpose of this little app is te keep settings,
applications, contacts etc over new versions.

The program I wrote just calls a shell-script wich contains the follwing
command:
cat qtbackup.conf | xargs tar zcf /media/card/qtbackup.tgz > /dev/null 2>&1

The file qtbackup.conf currently has the following lines in it:
/home/root
/var/lib/bluetooth
/usr/share/navit/navit.xml
/root/.gconf

You can already try this app if you add a new feed with the following url:
http://www.openmobile.nl/media/qtmoko
I already created an installer-version with the restore function:
http://www.openmobile.nl/pages/downloads.php#qtm14b QtMoko V14B

Can someony please tell me how to get this app in the QtMoko feeds? (Radek?)
And of course I would like to upload the source to some git, qtmoko-apps on
github? (Sektor?)