Buy WikiReader [was: WikiReader]

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Wed Oct 14 10:23:40 CEST 2009

2009/10/13 William Lai <will at openmoko.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 5:17 AM, Maksim 'max_posedon' Melnikau
> <maxposedon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all!
>>
>> First of all, my congratulations with releasing mystical "Project B" !
>>

> Thank you all for the continuing support.
> We're really excited about today.
>

>> Wikireader looks awesome, and I think most interested question for all
>> openmoko community now is:
>>
>> How to buy WikiReader?
>>
>> Looks like amazon doesn't ship this device to all countries. (why?!).
>>

> It all comes down to price.  It's just too expensive for you (outside the
> US) and we didn't think it was worth the rush.  Paying $85 USD for a $99
> dollar device isn't exactly helpful.  We're working on getting more devices
> and of course global shipping as well.  We'll definitely  post something
> once that is available.  Stay tuned to hear from us within the next week.
>

>> Could you explain your view about delivery, and country statuses,
>> where you ship, and where not, and if not, when you will.
>>

> Right now we ship to US and Canada only.  Amazon didn't allow us to set
> independent shipping rates for various countries.  It only offers a fixed
> rate for 'outside US' and 'Asia'.  That would mean $85 to the UK and $85 to
> Mexico -- not fair.
>
>> As for me, it is interesting how to deliver this device to Belarus)
>>

> I'm just as interested at this point.. please stay tuned.
>
> Regards
> Will

Hi all,
OM has enabled the international shipping, it will take 10-20 days and
there is no track number,  I want a unit ASAP to test/review/hack
myself and post about it and to be able to show it at conferences and
any one who lives near and want to see it.
Will has tell me to post the real time to delivere on the list and
thats's what I will do :) I have place the order today 14th October at
8:00AM the total payment including shipping is 118.20 $ (spanish
custom taxes pending).
OM still has not a distributor policy but as soon they have it(and if
we agree :P) I will buy a couple of Wikireaders to sell, stay tunned
to know how long and how much

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions