[SHR] Default deep sleep mode (was: Re: [fso based] Resource Allocation)

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 02:29:18 CEST 2009

"Boris Stender" <boris.stender at gmx.de> writes:
> And as I am already writing to the community I've one more question concerning #2^10
>
> 5) Why is ti_calypso_deep_sleep = "never" used by default on SHR
> instead of "auto"? Is there a problem with the recamping detection
> algorithm/procedure?

It's not exactly reliable, especially given that while it will be
detecting recamping you might lose some calls already. Moreover, this
scheme doesn't work when the device is suspended which might give
especiall unpleasant surprises. If you want deep sleep, just do the
hardware fix, it's not that hard, i did myself two already.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com