web-manager 0.2

Baruch Even baruch at ev-en.org
Sat Oct 17 03:18:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

I wanted to announce here that I released web-manager version 0.2, this
version includes rudimentary support to read your SMS messages from the
web interface.

To those who don't know web-manager is my take on oshyrman, it's a web
interface to the freerunner (actually, to FSO infrastructure) and it
currently shows the GSM reception, GPX traces from tangogps, lists
contacts from opimd and lists messages from opimd.

I really suck at doing UIs and web UIs in particular, the RPC that I
implement is REST-like (I'm no puritan in that respect) and provides
JSON output to simple requests. The web interface is written in jQuery
and is really in need of some love. Anyone wants to take it to the next
level and actually use the full abilities of HTML/CSS/JS to make it a
great interface?

Feedback is most welcome!

Baruch