[brainstorm]Online contact sync

Atilla Filiz atilla.filiz at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 16:57:35 CEST 2009

Hello;
I was thinking about storing my contact list online. I don't feel
comfortable giving my contacts' phone numbers to google or someone else.
Instead, we can open a repository(possibly svn/git based) to store contacts
online. Before sending contact info, the phone will encrypt the data(vcard?)
with gpg for the owner's self. Of course sending vcards to people you know
is not very hard once you get their public keys. I think I can work
something out with python, but I don't know which distros have vcard
integration. What do you think?

Atilla Filiz
Eindhoven University of Technology
Embedded Systems, Master's Programme