[brainstorm]Online contact sync

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 18 17:34:55 CEST 2009

2009/10/18 Atilla Filiz <atilla.filiz at gmail.com>

> I don't know others but I occasionally switch distros and have multiple
> computers. I thought different people might be in the same condition. I
> actually don't how many people use Google contacts, but it's there.

OK, so this is primarily something for your own use only.  You also
mentioned giving contacts to other people - hence my uncertainty - but I
guess you would do that from a copy of the contacts on one of your
computers, and not from the online repository.

So the next question is what form does the online repository need to take?
In the simplest case it could be just a plain file (e.g. vcf format) that
you upload to the web space that your ISP provides for you...

But you mentioned git...  Is that because you are also looking to track
changes over time?