SHR status

Bernd Prünster bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 12:10:26 CEST 2009

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> Tried the NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS hack? - made a real difference to me on
> this problem.  To manually try it, mount debugfs and do the echo
> command, or create as below and reboot.
>
> In /etc/fstab add this line (all one line :)
>
> debugfs			/sys/kernel/debug	debugfs		defaults                 0  0
>
> and create "/etc/init.d/NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS"
>
> containing
>
> _____________________
> #!/bin/sh -x
>
> echo NO_NEW_FAIR_SLEEPERS > /sys/kernel/debug/sched_features
> _____________________
>
> and use update-rc.d to add it to the default boot levels.
>
> debugfs exposes some knobs and innards of the kernel, the one here
> making the kernels default scheduler behave more like the BFS scheduler
> that hit the news a couple of months ago, creating a far more responsive
> device including when it rings.
>
> BillK

Tireid it!
did not do the job for me:
bottup was faster (as soon as the illuem desktop came up i had
reception, but the bt symbol was still showing, so something wasn quite
ready
autosuspend didn't work.
everything was _EXTREMELY_ slow (remember om2008.8/fdom? ;-))
shr-settings is borked "could't connect to ophonekitd/FSO"
i sent myself an sms from the internet. -> phone woke up 5 seconds later
*ring*

so i reverted it.

rebooted

and still have a borked phone.

i am using mrmoku-testing and somethign is really fucked up now
i don't blame you its just that i want to say that it can be harmful