[SHR] pisi: google - opimd, 435 contacts in 6 hours

Petr Vanek vanous at penguin.cz
Tue Oct 20 19:43:38 CEST 2009

>indeed - the opimd part is really slow. But it shouldn't take hours ...
>any report whether you finally managed to finish off sync? How long did
>it take then in total?

well, at 16:35 i killed it and started again. This time, the part that
took forever was the initial loading from opimd interface (as most of
the contacts were synced already). the rest was done in about 20-30
minutes.

i was watching on dbus with mdbus -s -l and the calls were coming
with quite a delay between each other, i also tried to run strace on
pisi and it also seemed quite slow. what i couldn't compare was call
and it's response from opimd...

also, i am not sure who did it but i had to erase some /hm suffixes,
that double my contacts (this comes from SIMs ussually, but i had no
SIM in sync...)

Petr