True USB plug and play experience

David Reyes Samblas Martinez david at tuxbrain.com
Wed Oct 21 01:35:33 CEST 2009

2009/10/20 Laszlo KREKACS <laszlo.krekacs.list at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:22 PM, David Reyes Samblas Martinez
> <david at tuxbrain.com> wrote:
>> ok some trial and error and it works
>> MacAddres is the on reported in the host though dmesg (for example,
>> you can also obtain it though ifconfig) and the uuid, seems arbitrary
>> mean while you use the same in all the scripts
>> Thanks  Lazlo :)
>
> Oh, I missed this message. Nice to hear, you succeed on your own!
>
> * What is your system?
> * Any additional tweaking?
> * Your NetworkManager version?
>
> Best regards,
>  Laszlo

I have singing  victory to early, but not for your work Lazlo your
config and scripts seems to run awesome luckily I have identified what
is the bug

my system is the sharp Netwalker, Ubuntu 9.04 for Arm , NM 0-7.0.100

interface wakes up and goes down automagicaly ok with the right ip and
I can ping/ssh the neo just plug and play but no internet on the neo,
error on the 10myiptables script ,
iptables complains about lack of support in the kernel and after check
it there is  lack of Network filter support in the out of the box
kernel, now I'm crosscompiling a new kernel with some more extras for
the device, lets see if I'm lucky or I have to restore the device :P

David Reyes Samblas Martinez
http://www.tuxbrain.com
Open ultraportable & embedded solutions
Openmoko, Openpandora,  Arduino