Martin Jansa martin.jansa at
Wed Oct 21 09:39:23 CEST 2009

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 08:16:08PM +0000, shamsul hassan wrote:
> Hi,
> you can have a look at this link
> I think this guy is working on it..

I wrote to balrog some time ago, it great pity, but he said that he
won't have time to continue his work on this..

Someone expirienced with glamo code should take a look on my changes and
it would be great to use DRM code from Thomas White to access glamo from
mplayer too.

Balrog'2 reply:

Hi Martin,

2009/9/8 Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at>:
> I've updated them for latest mplayer code and used them in OE repo.

Many thanks, I've merged your changes into master of that fork repo.
Let me know what your username is if you want to use that repository
for development.

> Thomas White (developer of glamo DRI driver with KMS support)
> suggested
> to use DRI for this MPEG decoder access. I'm not as experienced as you
> are, my skills and time were hardly enough for merging your patch with
> modified configure/Makefile and few other "small" changes in upstream.

Yes, I think using that DRI for the decoder access would be the way to
go, also perhaps using one of the new frameworks that popped up in
mplayer.  Unforunately I won't have to time to work on that and I
might not have the required skills either, I've never done advanced
graphics stuff.

> Are you still interested in mplayer glamo code? Have you tried to push
> your patches upstream (I haven't found any e-mail about that in
> mplayer
> ML)?

I've never tried to push them because I wasn't sure my approach was
correct, I suppose the use of the hwmp4 codec that I added has now
either been obsoleted upstream by a similar codec added by somebody
else or there is some new entire frame that obsoletes all the
passthrough codecs.  Now I won't have time to work on it and the other
demotivator is that the number of GTA02s that have been produced with
the glamo chip is limited and the new models I hear will not have it.

Thanks for your work on making the mplayer fork usable on Neo so far.