Tango-GPS, omgps: download maps?

David Garabana Barro david at garabana.com
Fri Oct 23 14:14:51 CEST 2009

On Friday 23 October 2009 13:53:39 Klaus Fürth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to download the map-tiles for offline use? I know that
> the apps can download the current maps, but doing this via gprs is too
> expansive for me.

I do it from tangogps:

-Neo connected to internet via USB/wifi
-Open TangoGPS
-Zoom level 11, center on the zone you want to download
- tap anywhere on the map
- On the menu, select "Map Download"-> "+6 zoom levels"
- Tangogps will download all tiles for 17> zoom >11 and will place them
on "~/Maps/OSM"

You can do the same for zoom levels < 11.

Then you can use them from omgps, Advanced Geocaching, etc...

You can even install tangogps on your PC, follow the same procedure, and then
copy ~/Maps/OSM to your Neo's card.