#1024-rework service available

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Fri Oct 23 14:21:39 CEST 2009

Am 23.10.2009 um 13:21 schrieb Laszlo KREKACS:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:07 PM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
> <hns at computer.org> wrote:
>> Q: Bass-Rework?
>> A: we currently have no plans because it is again a different work
>> which has to be evaluated, tested, prepared for the public. And
>> demand
>> appears to be lower.
>
> But having bass rework the same time as the 1024 fix, its a huge
> benefit and also
> more attractive service.
>
> I for example will never send my phone for just to the #1024 fix,
> because I plan
> to in a way or another apply the bass fix.
> So no point to sending you to do the half of the job. (the easier
> half actually)
>
> Frankly, when you dismounted the phone, and you have the necessary
> tools in your hand, than applying
> the bass rework in plus, is a negligible price....

No. You have to open a different tin can. You have to cut and solder
different cables. The test procedure is different.

We want to make sure that every fix we offer really works, is
reproducible and has high quality. Therfore, it is not "just" doing
the same thing again.

The common work is of course the logistics which is done only once.

> In my really biased view, I find ugly to coming up each quarter year
> to provide a separate fix, and thus requireing people to send you
> their freerunner multiple times...

Nobody is required to ask for the reworks at all...

> ((also I find not fair to having the two fix together involves almost
> the double price, as it does not require double amount of work))

We are a community. Therfore, you are free (and I hope open) to come
up with your own, cheaper offers...

Nikolaus