Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Evgeniy Karyakin anthropophagite at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 11:57:27 CET 2009

2009/10/26 Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com>:
> you want speed? you will need to give up something. if you still want it to
> look nice, then drop pixels. its the simplest and easiest solution. its the
> right resolution for that cpu anyway. the glamo will still hurt you, but not as
> much.

   I'm sure everybody who has any professional connections with
Freerunner+Glamo development already took all possible measures to
solve this problem. But what concrete steps were taken to ease Glamo
bottleneck? If its throughput is so narrow, can we lower amount of
data flowing through it? There's one neighbor unanswered thread with a
question on how to start the kernel with qvga resolution. Aside of
this, what can be reduced, for example amount of available colours
(256 or even 16)? And if this [too] low throughput only of video
memory channel?