ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Oct 26 13:17:03 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 12:40 +0100, Marcel wrote:
> Am Montag, den 26.10.2009, 02:07 +0100 schrieb Łukasz Pankowski:
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just released ffalarms 0.3, it adds recurring alarms, please test
> > it before depending on it.
> >
> > For me the most missing feature now is being able to edit the alarms and
> > postponing in the acknowledge window.  Ideas and comments are welcome.
> >

> > Notes:
> > - add support for recurring alarms, attaching messages to alarms, and
> >   choosing alarm date from a calendar
> >
> > - add configuration option for alarm volume, alarm_script and alsa_state
> >
> > Download:
> > http://projects.openmoko.org/frs/?group_id=260&release_id=580
> > (I also provide libical, in case it is not in your distro)
>
> Yay! I use ffalarms mostly more than once a day and it's just great to
> have it. Thanks for your work! :)
>
> Although I know you're not too fond of it - what about making it
> possible to simply turn an alarm off without that puzzle? It's quite
> annoying me from time to time, especially when I'm just finishing it
> when its regenerating and I need to hear that alarm once again...
>
> --
> Marcel

Can I add to that request? - Ive just upgraded to ver2 and forgot I had
knobbled the puzzel on the old version ... so once .3 hits the shr feeds
I will have to spend more time decompiling, figuring out how it works,
kill the puzzel then compile it back up again - painful way to fix what
is to me a major usability problem (I cant see the numbers without
glasses, and of course I am not wearing glasses when the alarm goes off
in the morning :)

Perhaps, make it a configuration option would make good sense then you
can continue torturing those poor souls who like it :)

Its quite a good, reliable program, far better than the basic elementary
alarm and I use it most days more than once.  Good work.

BillK