Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Yogiz yogizz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 18:43:06 CET 2009

> Anyway, I agree we should make QVGA work well, and I would use it for
> most apps.  We should also keep in mind ways to allow use of the high
> res screen -- maybe picking certain apps (like browsers) that could
> switch to VGA automatically, and making sure the transition between
> resolutions is a smooth, fast, and automatic (where desired).

Here's an idea I'm not sure I've heard before and I think it should be
pointed out. When there was discussion whether to use VGA or move over
to QVGA I was for the higher resolution, because viewing maps,
terminal, pdfs and browsing at higher resolution was more important for
me then speed. If however we could have everything at QVGA by default
and change smoothly to VGA when required we could have all of the good
and none of the bad.

Sounds very good to me.