ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

Łukasz Pankowski lukpank at o2.pl
Mon Oct 26 20:58:44 CET 2009

Jeffrey Ratcliffe <jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:07:32AM +0100, Łukasz Pankowski wrote:
>> - add support for recurring alarms, attaching messages to alarms, and
>>   choosing alarm date from a calendar
>>
>> - add configuration option for alarm volume, alarm_script and alsa_state
>
> Brilliant - I can almost throw my old phone away now. I'm just missing
> one last feature - I would love an option to vibrate instead of ring -
> ringing wakes the rest of my family, whilst vibrate just wakes me. :-)

I may add vibration support in the next version.  For now you can
do that by setting fancy alarm player in ~/.ffalarmsrc:

[alarm]
volume=-1
player=sh -c 'for x in `seq 1 10`; do kill -CHLD "$PPID" || exit; mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.odeviced /org/freesmartphone/Device/LED/neo1973_vibrator org.freesmartphone.Device.LED.BlinkSeconds 2 100 100; sleep 10; done'

the kill command is to test the parent process is still running as
killing the this sh process with sig TERM for some reason does not work
(may be you now a better way to do that?)

for explanation of "volume=-1" see [1]

One way to support it would be to make ffalarms aware of phone profiles,
so that if the profile is Silent or Vibrate than it Vibrates instead of
playing the alarm (and may be start playing after a minute).

[1] http://ffalarms.projects.openmoko.org/#configuration