Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Mon Oct 26 21:16:45 CET 2009

Dear Carsten,

E is nice thing, but it look like highly unoptimized.

Yes, freerunner device is slow, but it is embedded device, and it's
impossible to continue kicking glamo which is already dead, as only
reason of slowness. People with GTA01 have no glamo and that? Is it
better? As far as I know - not.

> http://www.rasterman.com/files/ello-elementary-smartq5.mp4

Thank you for videos, but on high-resolution one we can see exactly same
slowness as on FreeRunner - exactly! See how top bar slides out  on
close of clock and button test - exacly as on my FreeRunner. Look how
slow scroll is, again as on FreeRunner!

That is that 7mb? Bandwidth we can use to update glamo contents? We can
count that 7mb if 10 fully updated frames for 640x480 at 16bit? This
looks much more that enough.

Also, I installed Qtv14 (thanks to Radek for that distribution), and
that I see? I is fast enought, scrolls fast, react fast, and so on. So,
E and E's programs just need optimizations. Openembedded in all sucks,
as it brings no benefit (same glibc and kernel) with bunch of drawbacks
- no easy way to compile for it, so (for me) it's uneasy to figure out
that's going on with E. No oprofile where.

I wish E to be faster!

Gennady.