Centralization of graphical awesomeness

rixed at happyleptic.org rixed at happyleptic.org
Tue Oct 27 06:31:26 CET 2009

-[ Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:52:04AM +1100, Carsten Haitzler ]----
> > E is nice thing, but it look like highly unoptimized.
>
> i beg to differ. it's more optimised than pretty much anything out there.

> scrolling is different in qt. it is a simple blit. in efl it's a redraw. efl is
> very much like GL. you get a lot of power and abilities with it, but you do
> pay a price for it. unlike qt, efl's scrollers have smoothly scaled item
> contents, backgrounds, translucency and everything.

So, probably unoptimized is not the right term. Maybe it's just _inapropriate_
to do these things on such a device, and that E, because it does so many
things, is not such a good choice however optimized it may be ?
Or maybe people really want it that way, unusable but good looking ?

Personnaly I'm using H1 partly because it feels faster (not that this
gnome desktop is particularly fast either, but at least the device do
not enter sleep mode while an app is redrawing).