ffalarms 0.3 -- recurring alarms

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 27 08:28:57 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 08:09 +0100, Richy wrote:
> > One thing I have noticed with 0.2 is that the alarm isn't very loud and
> > the FR seems to go to sleep before the alarm gets loud enough to hear -
> > its inaudible except when there is nearly no environment noise.  0.1
> > seems to get a lot louder, and faster.  Something to think of for your
> > todo list is checking the profile setting before sounding the alarm - an
> > alarm going off in a meeting is just as disruptive as a phone ring.
>

> I disagree. There is nothing worse than sleeping in, because you
> forgot to put your phone back into "ring"-mode. Also, I don't wont to
> be woken up during night from calls and sms.
>
> Richard

Again, perhaps something thats suited to a config setting.  When I set a
phone to be silent, I want it/need it to be totally silent - something
important might depend on it.  The treo650 has the best solution Ive
ever seen to this :)

In shr its possible to set up any of the 4 profiles - perhaps add
another thats "All silent", or have a checkbox to set it to phone or
all.  Thinking on it, its not really ffalarms responsibility, but
squarely a profile setting for a master audio kill switch.

BillK