Insisting on metaphors that exploit the device's weaknesses (Re: Centralization of graphical awesomeness)

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Wed Oct 28 10:27:03 CET 2009

>The problem is : on the freerunner we merely need something to display some
>simple widgets, scroll the screen smoothly (because on a small display you
>always need to scroll)

Why do all of you insist on using scrolling as the only metaphor to present
excerpts of large content? Given the physical size of the display and the
hardware constraints (touchscreen jitter, for a start... not going to comment
on the Glamo) I think this is very questionable. There are other metaphors
available that would fit the device's strengths much better. What about paging?

:M: