[QtMoko] [Debian] Which MicroSDHC card should I buy to install Debian onto?

David Garabana Barro david at garabana.com
Wed Oct 28 11:55:15 CET 2009

On Tuesday 27 October 2009 23:09:07 Brolin Empey wrote:

> on which to install Debian.  I do not want to run out of disk space, so I
> probably need at least an 8 GB card.  The Openmoko wiki claims “The Neo
> FreeRunner supports up to 16GB microSDHC cards.”. [1]  Is this true?  What
> is the fastest and highest-capacity MicroSDHC card known to fully work with
> Debian on the FR?  I am currently using U-Boot, but can try Qi if necessary

I have tried two cards on FR:

Kingston C4 8 GB
Kingston SDC4/8GB 07

I don't recommend this one. It gave i/o errors when accesing the card with low
GSM coverage and/or GPRS connection stablished.

I'm currently using the following one, with default speed values. I have tried
intense I/O while connected to GPRS, with low and high coverage, and I had not
corruption/lockup problems.

Trascend C6 16GB

On the back of the card:

258883 0698