[SHR] building packages

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 12:48:01 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009, Davide Scaini wrote:
> Hi guys,
> i would like to build some packages for shr that i feel i miss (like
>  gnuplot or so... and maybe do some stupid interface, but not in the
>  immediate future). Where do i start? I tried to find a source on the
>  openmoko wiki, but with no sure answers... I'm sure you can give me a
>  simple reference to start ;-)

SHR is based at shr-project.org, and the link you want is:
	http://shr-project.org/trac/wiki/Building%20SHR
Note that it may not build cleanly at the moment as the devs are concentrating
on some major changes in another branch, and the build procedure will change
when they pull this branch into unstable soon.

SHR uses OpenEmbedded (OE) so development howtos for OE and bitbake will apply
to SHR as well.

The initial build will take a long time and a lot of disk space. Once that is
done, building extra packages that already have bitbake recipes is usually
easy:
	cd /wherever/you/installed/it/shr-unstable
	. setup-env
	bitbake packagename
If you are using your own repository, update the repository index with:
	bitbake package-index