Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Marcel tanuva at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 12:56:32 CET 2009

Finally came round to want to try this... :)

Am Dienstag, den 27.10.2009, 02:21 +0300 schrieb Paul Fertser:
> Marcel <tanuva at googlemail.com> writes:
> > I tried to got to qvga for graphics performance testing about a week
> > ago. This is needed (tested on SHR's 2.6.29-rc3):
> > echo "qvga-normal" > /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi2.0/state
> > xrandr -s 240x320
> >
> > To return to vga:
> > echo "normal" > /sys/bus/spi/devices/spi2.0/state
> > xrandr -s 480x640
>
> Manually altering "state" is needed because you're using deprecated
> Xglamo.

True - I don't want to reflash, so I'm waiting for SHR merging the new
stuff into the unstable feed. (Hope opkg doesn't mess up my system
during the upgrade then...)

> > - graphics in general are far too light, most colors become whiteish
> > - colored stripes horizontally over the whole display, but are invisible
> > on screenshots (naturally) - the same as above, but photographed:
> > http://d-a300.selfip.net/files/shr-today-qvga.jpg
>
> Known problem, try these timings for fbset:
>
> mode "240x320"
>         geometry 240 420 240 320 16
>         timings 100000 8 88 2 2 8 2
>         rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
> endmode

Where would I have to put that? A mode for xrandr I guess, but how do I
teach it to use that?

--
Marcel