Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 21:30:43 CET 2009

On Wednesday 28 October 2009, DJDAS wrote:
> Bernd Prünster ha scritto:
> > DJDAS wrote:
> >
> > FDOM uses illume, the launcher is efl, the settings app is efl...
> > strange world we live in...
>
> Yes I know, thank you :) but since then I noticed new versions were
> slower than the one I have, so maybe FDOM guys or that libraries version
> was more performant, I really don't know honestly...

FDOM display is faster mainly because it uses a relatively simple theme.
Bernd's lightweight themes should give a similar speedup.

Another factor is that some iterations of the fso daemons have been occasional
resource hogs, causing display slowdowns whichever toolkit you use. This has
been addressed partly by bugfixes in the python implementations, and for the
future by the ongoing move to vala implementations of the daemons, starting
with the most resource-hungry.