[QtMoko] Call quality

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 29 09:16:37 CET 2009

This sounds something like others experienced after changes to the
default shr alsa file - Try turning the Mike gain down a bit - it could
be overdriving (symptoms for me were fait audio, cracles and rushing
sounds like wind, but distant sounds came through clearly - if there was
ambient noise the FR was unusable).  Not sure how qtmoko controls the
gain, but for shr there are a number of files around

BillK

On Thu, 2009-10-29 at 17:52 +1000, Denis Johnson wrote:
> Just made my first QtMoko V14 based call, FR A5 with buzzfix -> IPhone
> and the other party struggled to understand me, they said somewhat
> faint and very crackly/broken up. I heard the other party clearly
> although I think I would have preferred a little more volume.
>
> I'm not sure if this is characteristic of QtMoko or just bad luck call
> quality, however my previous experience with SHRU was fine.
>
> Anyone else can report their call quality with QtMoko ?
>
> Denis

Home in Perth!