Insisting on metaphors that exploit the device's weaknesses (Re: Centralization of graphical awesomeness)

Matthias Huber matthias.huber at
Thu Oct 29 23:02:38 CET 2009

Laszlo KREKACS schrieb:
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Neil Jerram <neiljerram at> wrote:
>> I think it would be more usable (instead of having to scroll) to have
>> multiple pages of icons, which you switch between using the same < and
>>> as for switching between apps.  (i.e. each icon page acts like
>> another app)
> To not confuse with window changing, I would suggest the following scenario:
> 1. double click for launching an app
why double click ? for me, i am using double click for a menu and a
single click for starting the app.

> 2. sliding left/sliding right would change the current page. I would
> also suggest
> different background image for each "virtual desktop".
sliding between desktops is very interesting for me too.