[SHR] which to use?

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 02:15:51 CET 2009

2009/10/30 Tony McKeehan <mckeea at rpi.edu>:
> I was thinking about try SHR again, but I don't know which image I
> should use.
>
> I heard somewhere that there was a mostly-stable image built in October,
> but I can't find it anywhere. I have the unstable from early September,
> but I thought that there was something more recent than that.

from the shr build repo, it looks like the last update to unstable was sept 18th

http://build.shr-project.org/shr-unstable/ipk/armv4t/

and that ties in with my recollections of the last update

as to which to use, unstable is actually pretty stable. it does phone
calls and text messages no problem. i'm pretty happy with it, and the
maintainers include new packages (intone, launcher, etc.) fairly
quickly

there's never been a stable release of shr, but there is a testing
release, which is supposedly more stable than unstable, but that's
apparently as old as may:

http://build.shr-project.org/shr-testing/