Centralization of graphical awesomeness

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Fri Oct 30 17:38:22 CET 2009

Am Freitag, den 30.10.2009, 16:36 +0100 schrieb rixed at happyleptic.org:
> > You have a very valid points here. We certainly did some strategic
> > mistakes here -- me included, since I did not realize the awesomeness
> > and importance of dbus early enough...
>
> How lucky you are ! I still wonder why dbus was invented in the first place :-)

Hehe, coming from a strong background in CORBA on one hand, but pure
bare-metal unix domain socket IPC on the other hand, I have to admit
that while dbus lacks a lot, it
 * (pretty much) ends the horror of proprietary IPC protocols, thus
 * enabling interconnecting components, hence
 * bringing interoperability.
 * It also comes with an interactive scripting console (read: Python).
And that's what I'm all glad for.

But now we went really off topic considering the original thread :)

:M: