Insisting on metaphors that exploit the device's weaknesses (Re: Centralization of graphical awesomeness)

Matthias Huber matthias.huber at
Fri Oct 30 19:47:27 CET 2009

Laszlo KREKACS schrieb:
>> To not confuse with window changing, I would suggest the following scenario:
>> 1. double click for launching an app
>> why double click ? for me, i am using double click for a menu and a single
>> click for starting the app.
> Because when sliding, you can have accidental clicks. I know it from
> the hard way.
> (I came up a nice usability workaround in paroli exactly for this
> issue. It works good.)
yes i know this also from paroli. but it is solvable i think.

openbox has a tunable parameter for distinguish between slide and click.
in my oppinion, this is highly usable.

i personally find a single click more elegant and usable than double click.