apt-portal import opkg repos :) & some comments

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Tue Sep 1 09:29:15 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 09:54:46AM +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:

>Now
>a) filter all libraries away
>b) maybe filter away files with no proper .desktop file..

Yeah, common sense ftw, maybe some libraries may or may not be
relevant to our interests, but we'd figure those out.

Do you have a guess on what the shares are of libraries and packages
without .desktop?

>Or something not to have it bloated and impossible to find anything there :)

+1

>So what's the thing with descriptions? Do they have to be filled in
>manually - no changes of using some importer script there too?
>Screenshots need to be added manually of course.

If a source provides only only binary, we should be able to take that
binary's description and use it for the application.

Note that source, binary and application are different concepts here.

>David: I'd like you to share your work with at least Markus. It's nice
>to hear that you're doing progress but as this is supposed to be a
>community effort, it's vital that also some other know about what's
>happening and can go and learn the code we're using etc.

Preferrably not just me, chacnes are someone with more spare time
would accomplish things faster, but at least I still like to help out :)

Thanks guys!

--
mjt