[shr-u] the nEo theme boot screen

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:28:29 CEST 2009

2009/9/1 Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <seba.dos1 at gmail.com>:
> I'm shr-splash author.
>
> Illume has nothing to do with boot splash screen. Don't search for it
> in illume wrench.
>
> AFAIK there is no nEo theme for shr-splash. In SHR are available only
> simple, dontpanic, handy and niebiee. Qalee is also using shr-splash
> and they have their own theme. I don't know anything about other
> themes.

right, i must have my terminology wrong then. what's the thing called
that displays the nEo boot screen? the thing that has messages about
hamsters and formatting my sd card, and recalculating pi?

what does the 'startup' option in illume settings, control?

what does the 'Splash settings' in shr-settings/appearance, control?

if neither of the latter two controls the hamster/sd card/pi thing,
how do i control it? other than force-installing and overwriting
stuff?