[SHR] Setting regional codes

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Wed Sep 2 01:52:31 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 06:17:20PM +0100, Tom Yates wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Sep 2009, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
>
> > Everything contact lockup related in SHR and opimd works for me, and I
> > can't see why it couldn't work with correct configuration. In case it
> > doesn't work for you - please send here phone number which is reported
> > by network, phone number in contact book and phone-utils
> > configuration. If not me, then i'm sure DocScrutinizer will know what
> > you're doing wrong ;)
>
> what can i say?  i'm an idiot, or must have screwed up one of the tests.
> now i have my contacts listed as 0044abcdefghij , they work for all three
> applications: incoming calls, incoming SMS, and call log.
>
> thank you all for your help and persistence!

+ should be an alias to 00 if at the beggining of a number. This usage of +
is so common and international that it would be IMHO dumb to intentionally
ignore it.

It would be good to store the number in a normalized format (like 00) but
present it in a consistent format to the most common usage.

In PCRE (after trimming any whitespace)...   ^(?:\+?|00)\d+$

Rui