[SHR] Setting regional codes

Niels Heyvaert nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 2 10:58:24 CEST 2009

>> + should be an alias to 00 if at the beggining of a number. This usage of +
>> is so common and international that it would be IMHO dumb to intentionally
>> ignore it.
>
> Not only that, but I intentionally store all my numbers in the +
> (usually +31...) format, since not every country has 00 as its
> international prefix!
>
> If you look at http://www.kropla.com/dialcode.htm, there is a whole
> list of IDD codes, and there are lots of 'em that aren't 00...
>
> I'm looking forward to having full number recognition, since I now
> regularly have to 'mentally lookup' a number when it's calling me...
>
> Christ van Willegen
> --

Adding my observations to the mix:

I haven't changed any of the phone settings and store all my phone numbers in the international format (with '+' sign). In the config file the default country code is set to 49, which is different from my actual country code.

Incomming calls and messages map very nice to the contact names.

I haven't received any international calls or text messages since I've started using SHR-U, but will keep an eye on it.

Niels.