Launcher - v 0.35 Release (inbuilt contacts, sms and phonelog)

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:08:35 CEST 2009

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 7:05 AM, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> vendion wrote:
> >
> > I have problems with working with the contacts in this release, I
> > currently
> > don't have the ability to ssh into the phone to more details, but when
> > launching the built in contacts Launcher crashes with a corruption error.
> >
>   Can you try the attached binary and let me know if it works? There is an
> error with the sms app - something to do with the latest updates in opimd.
> But the rest should work.
> Thanks.
>
> http://n2.nabble.com/file/n3559779/launcher launcher

With that I was able to access contacts, which are acting weird every entry
was attemped to be duplicated but for some reason every contact only has a
first name on my SIM card they all have first and last names and for the
phone number field it is ether blank or some weird encoding characters
(Don't know if this is a problem with Launcher, my OPIMD database, how pisi
copied over the contacts).  I was also able to almost use the SMS
application, crashed when I hit the "Reply" button.

Here is the console output I got, if you need more info let me know what you
need and I'll be more than happy to provide:

root at om-gta02 ~ $ launcher
restoring state
version:32
scanning apps
showing window
starting dbus thread
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly
discouraged
[...]
dbus init over. getting opim data
Getting SMS data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Getting Calls data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Getting Contacts data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Updating Calls Data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Updating SMS data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Updating Contacts Data..
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Using **pending_return in dbus_connection_send_with_reply_setup() without
pending_setup is deprecated and strongly discouraged
Error: org.freesmartphone.PIM.InvalidBackend - This backend does not feature
add_message
Segmentation fault