cellhunter - openbmap - opencellid revisited... (was Re: CellHunter is moving to a new server)

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Thu Sep 3 00:19:17 CEST 2009

About the amount of cells, could someone explain me how many cells
(with some kind of location information) cellhunter knows:

http://ch.omoco.de/cellhunter/images/cellhunter_statistic_all.png
explained here:
http://ch.omoco.de/cellhunter/?hideintro=1&orderby=&beginat=

7milj (don't know where I got it from.. sorry for misleading..) is the
number of ALL submits but to me it looks like that the no of cells is
around 141371 (NCG) + 7572 (OCnG) = 148 943 cells. The rest are just
more gps information for a single cell. Am I wrong?

So to recap:
OpenBMap: 479740 cells (of which 82963 are 'trusted')
OpenCellID: 433574 cells
CellHunter: 148 943 cells