[shr-u] mplayer with glamo and audio working?

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 03:53:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

Mario Hülsegge wrote:

> - audio works only if i start intone before i watch a video

  Could be because you need to insmod snd-pcm-oss for the audio to work.

Mario Hülsegge wrote:

> - if audio is there, mplayer tells me the machine is too slow and the
> audio gets out of sync with the video.

  After trying both the mplayer-glamo and the mplayer-low versions I can say
that neither really seems to solve the issue.
  Probably more tuning of mplayer is required - or perhaps there is another
problem that needs fixing. Playing 320x240 (prescaled and rotated) with
sound seems about ok. Anything bigger creates issues.
  The video playing part needs a lot of work - and there aren't too many
people interested (or so it seems :-)