[QTMoko] V8 doesn't receive SMS

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Sep 4 09:59:15 CEST 2009

Tony McKeehan wrote:

> I do have a problem where SMS messages went unreceived. I should have
> received 3 SMS messages, but QT Moko failed to notice them (and it was
> connected to my phone network because I was able to make calls).

I have locally reverted the only commit around SMS code that i found and
you can find recompiled binary here:

http://activationrecord.net/radekp/pub/libqtopiaphonemodem.so.4

You download it and copy to your phone like:

scp libqtopiaphonemodem.so.4
root at 192.168.0.202:/opt/qtmoko/lib/libqtopiaphonemodem.so.4

Can you please try if that helps?

>  Also,
> the volume is very low for phone calls even after updating the
> gsmhandset.state file to use values of 120.

You can try install qAlsaMixer (from QtExtended feeds in package
manager) and tweak the volume using this tool.

> Does anyone else have either of these problems?

The SMS is known issue now. It's my bug #1 together with the "no sound
in incoming call". It should be possible to fix both of them with some
effort, because these bugs were not presented in old QtExtended with old
2.6.24 kernel.

Regards

Radek