Wifi driver stability improved -- wrong patch reverted

Nicola Mfb nicola.mfb at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 23:59:43 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Paul Fertser<fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Quite interesting indeed. Can you possibly provide a way to reproduce it
> without nwa using some bash or minimal python script?

Yes, I'll try with standard tools, anyway when nwa quits it remove
eth0 from the list of interfaces managed by wpa_supplicant via a dbus
call.
I do not know exactly what wpa_supplicant does in such case, and as it
happens only some times I just guess the driver goes in some race
condition state.

> Can you confirm it's a regression and if yes, in which version it did work
> without issues?

I cannot confirm, I always had problem in some ways.
It may be only due the fact that as I developed nwa I stressed a lot
wifi during time.

Another hint is the wow interrupt, I noted it a lot of time, is it harmful?

Regards

    Nicola