Wifi driver stability improved -- wrong patch reverted

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 08:50:23 CEST 2009

Nicola Mfb <nicola.mfb at gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Paul Fertser<fercerpav at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you confirm it's a regression and if yes, in which version it did work
>> without issues?
>
> I cannot confirm, I always had problem in some ways.
> It may be only due the fact that as I developed nwa I stressed a lot
> wifi during time.

I see. Our main wifi-related goal currently is not to actually fix the
driver, it's rather to bandaid it to avoid most easily reproducible
races most of the time.

I do not consider races with rfkill at all currently, i can't see why
spend time on that since rfkill is redudant and useless in our case.

> Another hint is the wow interrupt, I noted it a lot of time, is it
> harmful?

Probably it means only that an unpowered module was powered, i don't
think that's something to worry about.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com