QtMoko - how do I get WiFi working?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 15:20:43 CEST 2009

Hello,

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 8:19 PM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
>
> > One question: is wiFi (wireless networking) working?
> > If so, how do I turn it on?
> > I have lookd in menus, but can't seem to find it.
>
> It's in Main Menu->Settings->Internet->Menu->New->Wireless LAN

Aha, there it was. Thanks!

> But currently for me scanning does not work so that i
> have to enter essid manually.

Entering ESSID manually works fine.
Ther is one little snag; under Wireless Encryption, when entering the
passphrase (mine is exactly 8 characters) it complains that the passphrase
must be 8 characters or longer. :-)

Will the wireless LAN be activated on demand? I tried to open the web
browser, but it doesn't get contact anywhere.
(for this test, usb networking wasn't active)

> Otherwise command line works just fine:
>
> iwlist scan
> iwconfig eth0 essid type_your_essid_here
> udhcpc eth0

Yes, it probably does.
But my goal is to get this FreeRunner usable without me having to drag a
computer along. :-)

--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen