Broken FR for sale

The Digital Pioneer digitalpioneer at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 22:52:59 CEST 2009

Well, IDK how it's useful for home automation, if it doesn't have a
screen... Perhaps you mean as a server, not a client, but even so, that
requires a lot of hardware and skill I don't have. :P Also, seeing as I
don't have a car, only a bike, it wouldn't be particularly useful for
tracking a stolen vehicle, even if the GPS was working.

About the only thing I can think of that it would be useful to me for is to
trade it in for an A7 (or at least something with a buzzfix) with a working
screen, and get a huge discount for it. I have no idea if that's feasible,
but my gut says no.

Now, if anyone wants to sell me a screen, I'm very interested. It would be
fun to try to repair it, although probabilistically speaking I would be more
likely to break every component in the phone that does work, including the
new screen, when I tried to replace it... Nevertheless, it's worth a shot.
But for now, that's a dead end unless I can find a touchscreen that fits in
it.