QtMoko - how do I get WiFi working?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 21:00:18 CEST 2009

More testing with the wireless.
I have entered my ESSID, and my passphrase (under Wireless encryption). I
use WPA-PSK / TKIP.

Back On the "Internet screen", it now says "Wireless LAN Offline". I Selecy
"Wireless LAN" and select Options, start.
It now says "Wireless LAN pending".
After a while it gose back to "Wireless LAN offline".

First: does the network setup on the neo mess with the usb interface when it
tryes to get the WLAN going?
Specifically, does it do 'ifdown usb0' or something like it?

The reason I ask is that whenever I try to get the WLAN going, my ssh shell
to the neo becomes unresponsive, and if I check in another shell (on my
Linux machine) the usb interface has been down and then up, which means it
looses its ip address.
This makes it a bit harder to debug.

Second: how can I debug this wireless problems?
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen