[SHR-Today] Accept call without unlocking

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 8 02:56:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 16:43 +0200, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On 9/7/09, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-09-07 at 17:20 +0530, Vikas Saurabh wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Quite often when I get a call, all I see is the locked screen. Now,
> >> what I would expect is to able to accept the call without actually
> >> unlocking the phone.
> >> Can we have another slider like control with slider thumb in between.
> >> Moving the slide to left accepts the call and moving it to the right
> >> rejects it.
> >>
> >> --Vikas
> >>
> >> PS: I had a look at the TODO list in git(
> >> http://github.com/slyon/today/blob/b279a6af85352de0ca9db4ac3c1f4f06e086ed8b/TODO)
> >> and this didn't appear there
> >>

> > An observation - Ive lost a few calls (~5) now due to wsod on resume -
> > until this is fixed (and after so long, is it likely to ever be fixed?)
>
> WTF? WSOD still happening? What kernel do you use? o_O

2.6.28 - never been able to get GSM working on 2.6.29 so thats not an
option.

WSOD happens when using Qi, not when using uboot.  But uboot may need
multiple boot attempts before even 2.6.28 will talk to the gsm chipset,
whereas Qi is reliable - something is not getting initialised properly
somewhere.

Yeah, I know I should be using 2.6.29, but I dont think thats the
problem, and I if I cant use it as a phone whats the point?

BillK