Interesting Linux development for lower resources machines from Con Kolivas

Markus Törnqvist mjt at nysv.org
Tue Sep 8 09:50:43 CEST 2009

On Sun, Sep 06, 2009 at 03:27:13PM +0100, Joseph Reeves wrote:
>> Now for someone to find the time to try this ;-)
>
>I applied the latest BFS patch to the andy-tracking branch of the
>kernel but it wouldn't build - probably an indication of my noob
>kernel skills rather than the applicability of the patch, however.
>Would also be very interested if someone else got this to work ;-)

I have a ton of unread OpenMoko emails about all important things,
way way too busy right now, but seems now is a good time reply to this ;)

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/

There's a patch for 2.6.31-rc9 and a patch that looks like it changes
how nice levels work

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/2.6.31-rc9-sched-bfs-210.patch

http://ck.kolivas.org/patches/bfs/bfs210-test.patch

Wanna try 'em out?