nEo theme issues

Robin Paulson robin.paulson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 05:57:40 CEST 2009

2009/9/9 pike <pike-openmoko at kw.nl>:
> OK then, here I go -
>
> I installed the (brilliant) neo theme. One of the
> issues I had with it was that - I think - some windows
> use a black font on a black background - I'm not sure,
> all I see is black :-)
>
> This was so annoying that I tried to uninstall it using the
> directions here [1], but I never got it really removed;
> still lots of black screens with green hairlines. More annoying,
> some windows still show black text on a black background,
> amongst which the 'read sms' screen and a screen called
> 'notification' of which I'm not sure what spawns it
> - I cant read it :-)

yeah, i had this problem following the first opkg upgrade after i
installed the neo theme. it sounds like you've not got the one of the
theme packages installed - there's 6 of them

try this, it worked for me:

opkg -force-overwrite install \
http://www.opkg.org/packages/elementary-theme-neo_0.2_armv4t.ipk \
http://www.opkg.org/packages/e-wm-theme-neo_0.2_armv4t.ipk \