[Shr-User] Please add QT to feeds, was: libQTxml.so.4

inlovewithshr ron at tallent.ws
Wed Sep 9 08:02:17 CEST 2009

Nicola Mfb wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 1:29 AM, Chris Syntichakis<chris at c-64.mobi> wrote:
>> Btw,
>>
>> Even we will add these libraries we need the qtconfig application, the
>> fonts of the keepassx (on SHR) are very big and they can be changed
>> only with the qtconfig (unless there is a configuration file that we
>> can change manually)
>>
>> I tried to install that qtconfig, but there are a lot of dependencies
>> missing.
>
> The configuration file is $HOME/.config/Trolltech.conf, lowering fonts
> it sets the following lines:
>
> [Qt]
> font="Sans Serif,7,-1,5,50,0,0,0,0,0"
>
> Try editing it manually, or install qt4-common package without deps,
> or if you trust my feeds add
> src/gz noko-testing-armv4t
> http://noko.sourceforge.net/testing/om2009/armv4t to your opkg
> configuration and take the entire qt metapackage with opkg install
> qt4-x11-free, it should work with SHR too and should not break your
> system or require missing dependencies as is built on the fso
> milestone5.5 branch.
> You'll find a couple of "foreign" applications too, but I suggest to
> ignore them as they are highly unstable and may burn your freerunner
> :)
>
> However the best way to change look of qt4 applications is using CSS,
> it's easy and powerfull, and should work with *every* qt application
> that does not use deeply hardcoded gui values.
> I'll take a look at keypassx to see if its look is easy adaptable!
>
> Regards
>
>     Nicola

Thanks for fixing that up for us Nicola. Having Keepass on a Freerunner will
be totally awesome. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. It installed
properly and it does indeed load as you said above, but it doesn't handle
new windows. So if you mistype your password, the error box gets thrown into
the background and essentially locks up the app so you have to use the kill
command on it. Opening up any entry does the same thing. Not useful as an
app if you can't open your entries. Don't know if I'm the only one with this
problem or if there's an easy fix, but I sure would like to have this
working and see it added to the SHR feeds even.

BTW, I'm using a fresh install of the latest SHR build on a gta02.