[SHR-U] - Refusing to suspend

Niels Heyvaert nielsheyvaert at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 9 14:21:15 CEST 2009

Hi,

For some reason the phone started refusing to suspend (vanilla SHR-U 08/08/2009). I tried a few times with the same result. The messages of suspending is displayed but then the enlightenment windows disappear and the phone just continues working in active mode. It did not have any issue with this before and nothing was changed to the settings. I did notice that the battery was running low... It's the only thing I can think of which is different from the other successful suspends.

After a restart the phone suspends again.

Before rebooting, I could see the following in dmesg:

Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
pm_op(): platform_pm_suspend+0x0/0x64 returns -16
PM: Device neo1973-pm-gsm.o failed to suspend: error -16
PM: Some devices failed to suspend
Restarting tasks ... done.

Any ideas?

Niels.